i love these sort of quasi-iconic bird with dramatic skyline types of photos. just like i love bird on a wire photos, which i will be posting with increasing regularity with my new "telephone wire bird" project. who else wants to do some sort of group fun photo projects this year? i do stuff like photo challenge, and photo monthly, but there is a lack of social participation with people you care about, whose critique i respect and value. anyone else out there want to do occasional photography studies projects, and get together either irl or url for mutual critique? my personal critiques for this photo are as follows:
- should have waited a quarter of a second longer for a better bird silhouette
- should have either perfectly centered the bird in the lower third, or pulled it to the right.
- when shooting into the sun try and remember that no matter how small the sun SEEMS, its going to white out a significantly larger disk on the jpg so try and balance more when you are composing
- if you are going to be shooting into the sky try and put the appropriate filters on
- clean all your lenses and your ccd post haste.