time to actually look at my last year's resolutions and see what i failed:
get out and take pictures at least once a week for myself.: pass. definitely shot at least once a week all year.
do more of other kinds of art. the more hands on the better. remember my love of sculpture by working in fimo.: fail. totally did not even draw this year.
love and appreciate yuriy daily: pass with flying colors
love and appreciate my wonderful children: pass again with flying colors
individually love my friends. i often love people as a homogenous group, but i need to remember to let my friends know why i adore them so much. : pass but barely
continue to let hair grow 1 more year. : pass
get out more with friends. while staying home with yuriy is indeed the best use of time, try to get out at least 1x a week with other people. help keep relationships tight and make new friends! : fail. i think we went out with friends like 10x total this year. i know i didn't see nullcherri for like 5 months straight.
try to get volunteer work up to 1hr a day. add at least 1 dinner shift per week with evan.: pass. got up to 10hr per week for most of the year! i took dec off because i hate amateur month.
enjoy emily and eric's wedding. photograph things but dont get so lost that i dont experience. : pass. i barely shot anything at all!
take folic acid and calcium every day. quit shirking on evening med doses and just take them. total fail.
aim for more consistancy despite having constant schedule curveballs. : pass.
ride my bike at least 2x a week.: fail. i think i rode my bike like 10x this year.
make camping happen!: pass
hit up at least 3 fairs this summer. go to ren faire with the kids. : half pass, half fail. went to more than 3 fairs this year, did not make ren faire.
quit wasting the opportunity of living in the bay area and get out and photograph all the things on my to do list. help me out here lj, i need motivation. : somewhat pass. i photographed some stuff on my list, but i also added to it so it's giant again
edit archives! : half pass.
edit down decent collections and put them somewhere where something can be done with them : fail
put together some kind of online photography portfolio for hobby stuff. no use shooting all that stuff then never showing it anywhere.: pass because i consider my tumblr this. (please be my tumblr friend!)
quit jumping to conclusions re: the children being naughty. remember that not every child will be as devious as i was. : mostly pass
go back to school and take at least 2 astronomy classes. scope time!: complete fail
get a hedgehog. : fail and got 3 more cats instead.
jan:work on pushups, do 5 pullups. : fail
feb:sort out closet, under bed, finish organizing bedroom.: mostly pass. under bed needs sorting still.
mar:get garage darkroom together during spring cleaning this year: total fail. garage isn't even sorted out still now that we crammed a bunch of stuff back into it
apr:start xmas shopping earlier, less stress later: pass
may:actually relax on vacation this year by being even more prepared: pass
jun:zoe: braces: fail but we did zane's surg instead
jul:summer of camping: at least 5x: pass
aug:stay calm amidst my birthday and large amts of travel: pass
sep:be prepared ahead of time for back to school: pass
oct:create my costume vision for 2010: pass
nov:be over 70% done with xmas shopping by nov 30th: pass
dec:do not let xmas and xmas related work overwhelm. : pass
so what should my goals for next year be?
* photograph something abandoned every month
* camp once per month starting in feb
* get back to biking. stop using my leg as an excuse and just power thru
* keep volunteering 10hr per week. that's three shifts at glide, and one shift at the homeless prenatal clinic. also on weeks that my leg hurts don't shirk, and do sitdown shifts at larkin st. instead.
* quit being a giant sissy
* no more cats plz
* photograph something every day.
* get a more robust image archive and backup solution. with all the tech knowledge in the house there is no excuse for still doing external drive backups randomly when i remember.
* teach evan to drive
* post on tumblr every day
* do some kind of hands-on art. quit being a lazy photographer and do sculpture again.
* work on the house and farm more and build all new animal structures to be ready for next winter.
* delegate crop responsibility better so we can maximize yield.
* see my friends more than barely 1x per month
* see my bff at LEAST 1x per month if not more. nullcherri WEEKLY MOVIE NIGHT!!!
* quit being "too tired" to go out and shoot at night with my friends. i need to suck it up and slam another red bull or something and quit missing out on life.
* take meds every day. find new dr for retiring dr and quit being a princess about it.
* exercise every day. at least 50 situps.
* continue to grow my hair for another year. but srsly get it trimmed asap.
* love and appreciate everyone i know every day. quit spending time on the internet when i don't need to.
* do a cartwheel every day
* do either dicken's fair or ren faire with the girls. quit dicking around and wasting years.
jan: get under bed sorted. possibly reorganize bedroom for better use of space.
feb: get garage under control. seriously need to store a lot of that stuff
mar: rebuild chicken coop and move run
apr: re-fence garden. till and plant beds.
may: re-fence zorya's yard and get laundry room sorted. hang lesser used bikes in there or under deck.
jun: teach evan to drive once school is out
jul: a fair or camping every weekend. EVERY. WEEKEND.
aug: have an actual birthday party or campout or something this year. i keep promising and then not doing it.
sep: be ready for back to school 100%
oct: execute halloween costumes with better planning and less stress. last year was good, this year be better.
nov: plan kthxgiving visit to lil' russia (aka irvine to visit yuriy's family) better. i always promise to visit all you socalers and then totally bail because we are overbooked.
dec: do more fun xmas stuff this year with kids. caroling, another xmas light walk, and going downtown to ice skate are all on the list.